The Confirmation preparation program is underway - Confirmation will be celebrated in 2020
Candidates and parents can register using the Religious Education registration forms under "office". You will be contacted by the Mission Office with further details.
The first segment of the classes focusses on building Bible literacy with the T3 Teen Timeline program. The format and content of the ensuing program units will differ slightly, based on the individual tutor's preferences.
In the 2019/2020 school year, small groups will continue to meet at each location. Four additional large-group sessions will be held with Fr. Sylvester Ajunwa and guest speakers.
Classes at All Saints
Classes have commenced, but additional candidates are welcome! The classes are open to 7th and 8th graders wish to prepare for Confirmation in 2020. Contact person for classes at All Saints is Karen Castellon.
Classes at St. Bernard's
Classes have commenced. The classes are open to 7th and 8th graders who wish to prepare for Confirmation in 2020. Contact person for classes is Patrick Duncombe via the ESM Office.
Curriculum at St. Bernard's:
- Begins with Teen T3 Bible Timeline series to build Bible literacy
- Continues by introducing candidates to the intellectual heritage of the Church by exploring six great ideas Truth, Goodness, Beauty, Justice, Freedom, Equality. The students are encouraged to wrestle with the question of the relationship between faith and reason.
- Draws on the writings of Aristotle, Plato, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Vatican II and others to expose the candidates to the philosophical and theological framework of Catholic doctrine. Candidates will build a portfolio of reading material from the Physics, Metaphysics, Timaeus, Nicomachaen Ethics, Summa Theol., Contra Gentiles, Rerum novarum, Gaudium et Spes, etc.
- Uses literature (especially Dante's Divine Comedy) and visual art to link the theory of the great ideas to their expressions in Catholic culture.
- Decision Point student workbook supports the students' reflections on key topics at home.
- Service opportunities encourage candidates to incarnate their faith in the world.
- Classes take place both at St. Bernard's and in candidates' homes.